- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- Cooking spray.
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 1 large separated egg.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- 1/2 cup lukewarm whole milk.
- ½ teaspoon baking powder.
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees.
- In a large bowl. Whisk the flour, baking powder, melted butter, the separated egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, and milk together until well combined.
- In a small bowl use an electric hand mixer to beat egg white on medium speed to form soft peaks.
- Fold the egg white into the flour batter.
- Spray parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add beignets batter to the prepared parchment paper using a small ice cream scoop to form small balls.
- Carefully Place filled parchment paper into the basket of the air fryer. Air fry the beignets for 10 minutes then flip and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove when they are done and dust with confectioners' sugar.