- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 cups cooked white rice.
- 1 yellow onion.
- 1 cup walnuts.
- 1 can of beans.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- ½ teaspoon paprika.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric.
- 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil then add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes until golden and translucent.
- Remove from the heat. To a blender add the walnuts, drained beans, the cooked rice, flour, garlic and onion, 2 tbsp. of olive oil and the spices.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. With your hand form 6 (1-inch thick) burger patties, brush both sides of patties with olive oil.
- Grill the burgers at the grill, 10 minutes for each side until charred.