Lemon Garlic Slow Cooker Roast Chicken
- 2-kg whole chicken.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic.
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- 1 large rosemary, chopped.
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped.
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- 1 large lemon juice and zest.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. water.
- 1 whole lemon.
- In a bowl mix olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lemon juice and zest, salt and black pepper.
- Dry the chicken using a paper towel and rub with spices very well from all sides, loosen the chicken skin with a spoon and rub the spices under the skin.
- Stuff the chicken from the inside with a large lemon.
- Place the whole chicken in a slow cooker, drizzle it with extra olive oil.
- Cook in the slow cooker at high heat for 4-5 hours.
- For the lemon sauce, transfer all chicken juices to a saucepan add the cornstarch and water and let it thicken over medium heat.
- When the sauce is thickened transfer the chicken to a plate and pour the sauce over it.