Pressure Cooker Braised Beef
- 48 ounce chuck roast, cut into 4 pieces.
- Cooking spray.
- 1 cup beef broth.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano.
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Season the beef with black pepper and salt.
- Set pressure cooker to sauté then spray with cooking oil.
- Add beef and cook for 5 minutes on each side until they are browned then set aside.
- To the same cooker add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in the bay leaves, oregano, and cumin and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add back the beef. Then add the broth. Set the pressure cooker in a pressure mood then Cover and cook for 60 minutes.
- After the cooking time ends, release the pressure then remove the lid. Remove the beef.
- Strain the cooking liquid then transfer it back to the pressure cooker, choose sauté mood and let it boil until it reduces to form the sauce.
- Pull the beef into shreds using 2 forks.
- Serve with the sauce