Pressure Cooker Chicken Risotto
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 1/2 cups risotto rice.
- 1/2 cup white wine.
- 4 cups chicken stock.
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan.
- Set Pressure cooker to sauté, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil then cook chicken for 3-4 minutes or until well browned then remove it.
- In the same cooker, heat the remaining oil. Add onions and garlic and stir for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add in the rice and stir it for another 5 minutes. Add in back the chicken with the wine and stock. Secure the cooker lid and set the pressure cooker to a high-pressure option.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Carefully open the steam release. Remove the lid serve when the steam has been released.
- Add in parmesan cheese and butter.
- Stir very well for a few minutes until everything is combined, close the lid for 5 minutes to let the rice absorb the liquids.
- Serve warm