Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Pie
- 1 can pumpkin puree.
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
For the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs.
- 5 (80 gm) tablespoon melted butter.
- 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Spray a springform baking pan (7 inches or less) with cooking spray, line it with parchment paper.
- Prepare the crust by mixing the crackers crumb with the melted butter and sugar, condense the crust firmly into the bottom and sides of the pan. Then place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl using a mixer. Mix the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Until everything becomes smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin filling over the frozen crust.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker, then place the pan in a trivet and lower it into the pressure cooker.
- Close the cooker lid and lock it. Set to pressure cook at high pressure for 38 minutes. (Wait 6 minutes for the pressure cooker to reach the pressure).
- After the cooking time ends, carefully release the steam then remove the pan from the cooker, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently with the help of a spatula free the sides of the pan from the pie, then smooth the edges of the pie with a spatula.
- Decorate the pie with the whipped cream and serve it.