Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas
- 48 ounces chuck roast.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- 2 fresh jalapenos, chopped.
- 1 can canned tomatoes puree.
- ½ cup of water.
- For serving: tortillas, shredded cheese, and salsa.
- In a large bowl mix all the spices together then place the roast and rub it very well with the spices mixture.
- Transfer the roast to a slow cooker, cover it with water and tomato puree, sprinkle with extra salt and black pepper.
- Cook the beef on low heat for 7 hours until the roast is soft and tender.
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board and shred it with 2 forks.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and heat it on low heat until it thickens.
- Serve the shredded beef inside the tortillas with the thickened sauce and the topping of your desire.