- 32 ounces ground beef.
- ½ cup water.
- 1 cup minced onion.
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers.
- 1/4 cup capers or green olives.
- 1 small tomato, diced.
- 1 can of tomato sauce.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 tsp ground cumin.
- ½ tsp garlic powder.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro. Salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet on high heat brown the meat. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- When the meat is cooked add in the garlic, onion and red bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the meat and veggies to a slow cooker, cover it with water and tomato sauce, cilantro, tomatoes and olives. Then spice it with extra salt and black pepper, cumin, garlic powder and bay leaves.
- Cook the beef on high heat for 3 hours. Remove the bay leaves.
- Serve with rice.